toughen up little soldier

the veins and pancreas of pop-culture

12.16.2011

pretty horror story

I watch a lot of online television.. Less of this vice will definitely be on my list of new year's resolutions. But for now, I'll indulge. My recent favorite is the new drama called American Horror Story. Based loosely around the classic Amityville Horror story and woven seamlessly and seductively with every other scary plot line you can thing of. Opening with an eery dubstep tune to scary images (I can't watch the opening by myself!) and set in a beautiful 1908 LA mansion and populated with a rebellious teen, grieving mother, adulterous husband, ginger twins with slit throats, mutilated infants, dead maids..cheerleaders.. and the best part is you have no idea who is dead and who isn't. :)


Yesterday's post made me think about albums that I can listen to from start to finish without skipping a song. When I'm driving my favorite thing is to belt out to some good ol rock and roll.. Or new rock. The Pretty Reckless is Taylor Momsen's (GG) band that you can judge all you want.. but it's so good. You can sing along, rock out, get pumped up and cry your eyes out (Just Tonight, Nothing Left to Lose). :)


No comments: