toughen up little soldier

the veins and pancreas of pop-culture

5.25.2010

big and dirty

I got home from New York City yesterday. It was my second visit to the big apple. Needless to say, I wasn't quite as excited the second time around. The skyline didn't take my breath away, the traffic engulfed streets and packed sidewalks didn't seem so glamorous and the pollution really became more evident. Being so realistic about things you used to love isn't a great thing but I guess it's part of growing up.

But no no no. Don't get me wrong. I do love the city. It's jam packed with every bit of music and culture and art you can squeeze onto one little island. I love it. Instead of hitting Forever 21 and flea markets like before, I took an intellectual approach on my shopping and rescued about 50 pounds of books from the Met's Book store. (Also, American Idiot on Broadway.. soundtrack! Yay!:D ♥)


 Yes, I was quite amazed by most of the art I saw. The Warhol, the Pollock, The Monet, Picasso, Degas(fave).. etc. But one amazing painting stood out against the rest of the beautiful collections on display in the city that never sleeps. This amazing painting took my breath away. Couldn't breathe. It's truly a timeless peice of art. Here it is darlings. Enjoy. ---->


lovely. simply lovely. (Yes, they are serious. And No, I am not.)





1 comment:

andrea said...

oh lori, you always have a different way of looking at things. you truly are a wanderlusting soul. i do not agree with you about your intake on the city, i think that New York is a little piece of heaven.